Friday, November 25, 2011

Working up to Run a 5K

I have been training to run a 5K. My husband was a college athlete and has started to run with me. As I huff and puff he runs cool and breezy, barely breathing. I am at least two steps behind him the whole way and my irritation grows as he has a casual conversation about his day. I can only gasp short "yes" or "no" answers.
Yesterday I had a great day. Yesterday I was so happy I had my husband with me. Finally I was able to run a 5K distance without stopping. With my husband Bryan pacing me and keeping me moving forward I had someone there at the end to say, "good job" and give me a hug.
Some stretches that Dave and Kristy have given to me that have really helped with any aches and pains I was having are below:

1 comment:

  1. Ran 3.1 miles in 35 minutes, I can't believe the Sandy Claws run is only 1 week away! Hope I can shave 2 minutes per mile off of my time-ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete