Monday, October 31, 2011

RUN For FUN!

Bill's Beer Run
I have never been a big runner, maybe in college when nothing got sore and I had endless amounts of energy. Since I am working at Siesta Key Physical Therapy I thought maybe it would be a good idea to get off the couch and try to run in a race. Dave and Kristy participate in many races and they seem to have a great time. Sunday morning I decided to go out to Bill's Beer Run  and realized that I have been missing out on all of the fun! I now see how exercising whether its running, taking a class or walking in the evening with your dog can be good for your social life as well as your health.
I have not been to a race here in Sarasota and on Sunday I realized how many people participate in these awesome events. Bill's Beer Run, a 5K race also had a 1 mile fun run, but either way everyone was having fun. Families were dressed up in their Halloween garb, music was playing and the coffee (and then beer) was flowing. I had fun and I was just there to take some photos and cheer Dave and Kristy on!
Dave, Kristy and Jessie
 I have started training for a 5K run with the help of Dave and Kristy. Siesta Key Physical Therapy will be participating in the Sandy Claus Beach Run in December. I plan on being in better shape, able to RUN the whole race and I will proudly be sporting a Santa hat ready for a fun day. For a weekly update on my progress visit us on our Facebook page. See you at the races!!

No comments:

Post a Comment